February, is such a beautiful month, brighter evenings and earlier mornings, awakens within us, a new energy. Winter has passed and thankfully the darkness of a dreadful pandemic also is behind us. This is a powerful time, to embrace hope, simply, to begin again and embrace a positivity that allows us to live life to the full. I sense, this is going to be a powerful spring.
A motivational speaker walked confidently around the room holding a glass of water while leading a seminar on stress management. Everyone guessed she was going to ask the ultimate question, ‘Half empty or half full?’ She fooled them all. “How heavy is this glass of water?” she inquired with a smile. Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz. She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance. In each case it’s the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.”
She continued, “And that’s the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won’t be able to carry on.” As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we’re refreshed, we can carry on with the burden – holding stress longer and better each time practiced.
So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Pick them up again tomorrow if you must.
1. Accept the fact that some days you’re the pigeon, and some days you’re the statue!
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
4. Drive carefully… It’s not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.
5. If you can’t be kind at least have the decency to be vague.
6. If you lend someone €20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
7. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
8. Never buy a car you can’t push.
9. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won’t have a leg to stand on.
10. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
11. Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the bird – sleep late.
12. The second mouse gets the cheese.
13. When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
14. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
16. Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
17. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.
18. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
19. Save the earth….. It’s the only planet with chocolate!
We all know that life is the best educator. Simply it’s never too late to begin again. Every day the challenge is for us all to see the glass half full…. The more we grow in our inner journey the greater we will notice the beauty and gift that is this moment. So be positive, calm and mindful…. enjoy the beauty of this springtime. May the month of February be a healthy and happy one for us all.
The post Stay Positive appeared first on Portlaoise Parish.